Friday, May 9, 2014

MD Sheep and Wool Fabulous Finds!

My first time at the MD Sheep and Wool Festival and it did not disappoint. It was like Christmas Day for me! It was a bit overwhelming but my plan was to attend both days. My husband Mark (he's my package holder), and I got there on Saturday by 8AM and there were hoards of people already. We got started right away searching for spinning resources and some special yarns. Well...after 2 hours I was spent and hurting. My hip and leg just wouldn't comply so we left. But...not without sampling many booths. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get back on Sunday as I had wanted but made many contacts that I will contact for spinning education. I was a little disappointed I didn't even find a spindle or travel wheel which was what I was in search of.

Below is my stash from the show. I am so excited to get started on some summer projects as I will be traveling quite a bit in the next 4 months. Numerous wool/cotton blends from Autumn House Farms, A few hanks of 100% merino wool from Socks that Rock in Saltwater Taffy, Marmalade Skies and Pineapple Express. That dark one is Black Magic-shades of purple to black from Hobbledehoy Yarns. Then I bought a kit from Carodan Farm. The pattern is by Oat Courture-the Curlicue coverlet using Mini Mochi yarns from Crystal Palace. I can't wait to get started on that.

I am now trying to match patterns to all the yarn! That's the hardest part for me. Though I have many patterns ready to try, it's hard to choose which yarns will fit best. I'll at least have a lot of fun trying them all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment